Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday S. Sunday

Joe Klein's (I hate to plug the dude) New York Times review of the biography Gonzo: The Life of Huter S. Thompson by Jann S. Wenner and Corey Seymour has this little rejection tidbit for you today. Apparently Thompson donated a rejection letter to the Rolling Stone to ward off imitators. It opened as follows: “You worthless, acid-sucking piece of illiterate shit. Don’t ever send this kind of brain-damaged swill in here again.”

Now that's what I call straight and to the point. I'd kill myself too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But he knew better than to use our favorite action verbs "capture" and "grasp."

Plus, "acid-sucking" is a lovely touch, don't you think?

Writer, Rejected said...

Acid-sucking has a nice ring to it. I'll give you that.