Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Not Your Private Dancer -- Or Am I?

Check out a post entitled "It's Not You, It's--Well, Actually, Yeah, It's You" by a smarty pants new blogger (anonymously posting as A Writer) at Rewritten Reality. This is an academically critical review of LROD, which is pretty darn astute. Stuff like: "[Material at LROD] is so clever that it's sweet, and it's fun, and it's even a little decadent, but it's also, well, candy: it isn't real sustenance...." A Writer claims that Writer, Rejected is jaded, mean, self-destructive, brownnosing and a Postmodern Jester, almost convincing me that I am in fact all of those things. It's worth a read.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on, now, W, R, I also said you were "one funny dude/dudette." That's got to count for something.

;)

A.W.

Anonymous said...

Get that hideous clown off the page and maybe I'd read that blog.

Anonymous said...

You should treat it as a joke, W,R, because that's what the literary world is. The aspirations and the rejections and the "brownnosing" (which most "successes" have energetically engaged in) and the hypocrisy and the gullibility and the tons of really, really bad writing that goes ignored in the slush pile and the really bad writing that goes directly to the editor's desk and is published and lauded.
Plus, nothing will change because the public at large doesn't give a hoot for literary fiction. That's the last laugh on us all.

Writer, Rejected said...

Thank you, Mous. Thank you, AW: I would have mentioned, but I don't like to brag.

L. Shepherd said...

So, basically your rejections are being rejected? I am rejecting the rejection of your rejections.

Anonymous said...

I'll say this, everyone sure seems flummoxed by the "your gender" thing. Hilarity ensues when the new pronoun HSI is invented to refer to you over there. I liked AW's intelligence, and I continue to come here for your candy. Clearly, this little blog is catching on. Are you serious about possibly coming out of the closet in the future?

Writer, Rejected said...

Not sure what I'll do. I was thinking if I finish this revision of the novel and get it published, maybe I'd reveal. But I find that life is humbling and unpredictable, so who knows.