Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Amnesia Rejection


I found this while cleaning out some papers on Sunday.  I remember the handwriting more than I remember the situation of this particular rejection.  Counterpoint...so must have been a book-length submission, probably nonfiction. The note says:  "I am sorry not to have been taken with this but these are subjective matters, and I do wish you luck in finding a suitable house for this work."  (Note that he does not capitalize the personal pronoun "I." Hmmm.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

might want to make it big enough to read...

Voracia: Goddess of Words said...

I can't read it even when I click on it. Could you type out what it says? That's interesting that it's handwritten!

romanceauthor said...

You are so fortunate to have handwritten responses. I stand at 45 rejections and I haven't had a single written response. The majority of mine have been form rejections. At least when they're hand written you can probably assume they've skimmed your entire query.