Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Always A Speculative Day A Way

This one is hilarious. It says: Dear Michael: Thank you for showing me "The D--d." Although it was generally consistent, and often clever, it was not quite right for Tomorrow's audience. Working for that audience can, sometimes, b e pretty tricky.  I'm sorry. It seemed to have an ending that meant something to you, but didn't quite make it with me. Your spelling is more or less bad. So is your attempt at copyediting. Can you start doing something about that?  Send me something else, please. You're Good. Best, Algis Burdys

3 comments:

Jennifer Perry said...

Oh Algis, edit thyself!

Anonymous said...

So, what's "hilarious" about that?

You've just been told you're a good writer DESPITE spelling and proof-reading issues, by Algis fucking Budrys. You've actually been asked to send more.

And you'er mocking it on here?

Class.

Writer, Rejected said...

Dude: Get with the blog-program. It's not my rejection; it was sent to me. But anyway, here's what's hilarious: "It seemed to have an ending that meant something to you, but didn't quite make it with me. Your spelling is more or less bad. So is your attempt at copyediting. Can you start doing something about that?"