Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Write YOUR Own First Novel...I'm Tired


Caroline Hagood, self-proclaimed blog maniac, wrote an article over at mediabistro entitled, Why You Should Write That First Novel. Here's a highlight: "The worst that will happen is that your novel will be forced to endure the writer’s spring cleaning, taking up residence in the sock drawer with the sobering knowledge that the socks are more likely to get a publishing contract. Just remember the old adage that the first novel is meant to function as a sort of lubrication for the next tome to come shooting out of the writing mind." I don't know about you, but my first novel kicked my ass....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It worked that way with me: I worked over the first novel for years and eventually threw it out. Second novel was a (relative) breeze and I sold it. Third novel is like giving birth to King Kong.