Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2007

Eureka! We've Been Discovered

Dudes, something crazy has happened! LROD got a review over at at the Entertainment Weekly website. (I shit you not.) Hop over to EW's Popwatch Blog Section and check out the article entitled "Failure is the New Funny at 'Literary Rejections.'"

Here's a highlight: "...[W]hether you're a writer who's looking for a better way to deal with cruel dismissal than crying into a cup of herbal tea, or you're simply a bookworm who wants to better understand the indignities your future favorite authors are suffering on their way to their seven-figure book deals, Literary Rejections on Display is worth checking out."

Now, let's all close our eyes and pretend it was a book review.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

You'll be getting tons of visitors now....

x said...

Wouldn't it be perfectly ironic if you are offered out the blue a book deal based on this blog and you make more money on it than on all your other writing combined? Ha! Of course, we commenters would expect a cut. You'd be nothing and nowhere without use little guy rejects, WR, so don't you reject us, too.

Anonymous said...

You captured me due to EW.

Eileen said...

Congrats on the EW blurb. When you are hob nobbing with fancy glossy book reviewers be sure to remember me.

Anonymous said...

I consider myself at least .00000000001% responsible for your success. How much $ does that net me from the book deal?

Nah, just kidding. It's all you, baby.

Mella said...

Woah - congrats!

Julia Hart said...

I love to read through ew.com at work (and I also get the mag). I came to this site because of the mention.

I must say, as a future successful novelist (I've been 7 chapters into my book for 3 years now - yeah, it'll get written-eventually) it's helpful to read examples of my future rejection letters.

Thanks for this site!

(And please ignore the fact that I haven't posted in my blog since September.)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! btw: "Dudes" is a very guy thing to say.

Then it again, it could be on purpose. ;)

Writer, Rejected said...

Oh, damn the genderization of language. I'm just being (third-gendered) me. Let's all just live and let live. Labels be damned!

p.s. I didn't know about Lessing's publishing attempts under a pseudonym. Will check it out.

Anonymous said...

You can find it on her Nobel prize page.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the book deal for this blog: I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Anonymous and account for 50% of your posts. I'm expecting 25% of the cut.