Friday, July 23, 2010

Update: Rewrite (version #2) Nearly Accomplished

I've finished the new rewrite for the new, new agent (Agent 99, as we shall call her henceforth), and I have a few of my peeps giving it a once over to make sure I haven't somehow gone over the edge. The good news is that I think 99's suggestions were very astute and make the novel stronger in a lot of ways.  There's only one item (easy to implement, but has a huge impact on the book) that I'm not quite sure I'll keep, but happy to give it a whirl and see how it feels on a fresh read down the road. From our conversation a few weeks ago, 99's voice is echoing in my head: "With this kind of book, the manuscript needs to be perfect to sell."  Ah, perfection, my old prison guard.  I thought I had long ago gotten rid of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All digits crossed for soon to be success with Agent Number 99!!

SKIZO said...

Fascinating work.
It has been delightful
to visit your gallery.
Good Creations

Z said...

You know what?
This is going to work out great....