Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Milkweed Regrets No Time for Personal Response


Nature can be fug!
Milkweed is one of the few small presses that holds a novel contest every year and publishes the winning tome.  I've never submitted my novel; I'm not sure why. I think I must have a bad childhood association to the name of the press. I confess that nature sometimes skeeves me. That said, I do think it's nice of the editors to imagine you standing in your kitchen opening up their envelope and reading the rejection you'd hoped never to see.  There's something homey in that.  Otherwise, just another standard form letter.

2 comments:

Jennifer Perry said...

Imagine poor Milkweed, molding their small list from such an enormous pile.

Louis said...

It's a Minnesota thing. The elitists there try very hard, Milkweed notwithstanding.