- The biggest problem with this manuscript, which has nearly sucked the will to live out of me, is the terrible writing style.
- This is an interesting manuscript, not because of is results, but because of its complete ignorance of due scientific process
- I like lipids, but they have their limitations, which appear to have been overlooked in this article
- This was a possible candidate for the "worst use of statistics to substantiate a falsehood" award
- I nearly said reject, but then I recalled that I have a hangover and am feeling grump
I think that last comment is probably often true of the fate of our writing. *With thanks, via Harper's Magazine.