Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Who's Calling Whom?

Here's a rejection from Cornell University. Hope no one "gorged out."
EPOCH
Cornell University
251 Goldwin Smith
Ithaca, NY 14853
We regret that we are not able to place your work in our magazine. We're sorry to disappoint you, and we thank you for submitting to EPOCH.
EPOCH is published three times a year. Unsolicited submissions are reviewed from 15 September to 15 April of each year. Sample issues are available from the above address at $5.00 per copy, postage paid.
In other news, since Sunday's publication, 7 agents have contacted me. How's that for a turn of the tables? A few of them are former rejecters of mine. But I'm all set in the agent category with Secret Agent Man. So, "no thanks!" (That's good-sport code for "bite me," which I know is not very nice. You'll pardon me, I'm sure.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

again with the all-caps magazine titles. every magazine that does this thinks it's the most original thing ever.

Anonymous said...

SEVEN agents contacted you??? That's amazing, and after all that's gone down it must feel so great to say "thanks, but no thanks!" Good for you.

Cari Hislop said...

When your agent receives 15% of a large check for selling your manuscript I hope they enjoy eating crow! Good luck!