Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fantasy Literary Letter #6


Dear Rosemary Ahern:

I was wondering what you think of the following Flannery O'Connor quotation and of my blog: “Manners are of such great consequence to the novelist that any kind will do. Bad manners are better than no manners at all, and because we are losing our customary manners, we are probably overly conscious of them; this seems to be a condition that produces writers.” Do I freak you out? I hope not. It has been pointed out by the reviewers that you are my patron saint, but mostly because I am an overly conscious writer, you are my metaphor, which I hope is okay with you. As always, I eagerly await your reply.

Fondly,
Writer, Rejected

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was Flannery O'Connor ever an editor at a journal? I *swear* I just read a quote of hers that talked about how she picked through the slush, but wonder now if I was only dreaming after a night of too many blogs...