Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Heart Lisa Bankoff


Found this one that a friend sent in a while back. I think Bankoff still reigns as the quick clean rejection Queen:

"Bankoff, Lisa" LBankoff@icmtalent.com wrote:

Dear Writer: I'm sorry to be so long in responding and I appreciate your patience. These pages are smart and clever and altogether accessible, which I trust you know full well, but I don't feel as strongly as I should to undertake representation. I wish you success.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very nice indeed. I do wonder about the use of "smart and clever" - or does the "smart" refer to the tidy way the manuscript was presented? Literally, the smart pages? But I hesitate to sound critical, for obvious reasons. I'd be honored to receive a rejection slip from Lisa.

Anonymous said...

She's the classiest, best agent I've ever worked with. Unfortunately she works for ICM...

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I queried her, and await that "quick" reply - it's now six months and counting.

Anonymous said...

Agent Query says she accepts queries but the ICM website says not send any unsolicited queries to any of its agents...does she accept queries or not?

Anonymous said...

ICM accepts queries, but not unsolicited manuscripts.

Anonymous said...

It has been four years since I have bothered to query agents about my two novels. In all of the time that I spent with the process, Lisa was the ONLY who provided personal feedback. For that, she remains in high regard.