The story in short from Stacey's side:
1) 19 rejection
2) acceptance on 20 -- wins cider press review contest ($1000) and gets her poetry book published
3) press is a mess
4) typos and arguments about even the basics and hack up winning manuscript
5) editor butchers blurbs
6) poet says no
7) punishment: no author photo
8) how about reducing the ad?
9) publisher revokes prize and demands money back: "not fulfilling contractual obligations"
10) poet gets lawyer for $1200.00 (bye-bye prize money) and wins prize money and book rights (you go, grrl!)
11) signs no gag order (obviously)
12) winning poet and her winning book are erased from press's website, and runner-up is instated as new winner...which apparently this happened last year too (oy!)
The public response from Robert Wynne of Cider Press Review:
1) poet was too demanding, unreasonable, "even abusive" (my, my, my!).
2) we are good editors
3) poet is now bitter and out to get us
4) some people like us
5) yeah, we're pretty great, in fact