Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Call Me For Your Verbal Rejection

Remember a while back when a small press asked to read my collection of published essays? Well, I got this unprecedented response: With (name of editor's) departure, it's been especially chaotic, "but I do have her feedback, another staffers and my own to share. I am so swamped that it would honestly be easier to tell you than write it all. If you can call tomorrow afternoon, that would be a good time for me."

I dread it of course, but what can I do? Tell her to buck up and write my rejection like everyone else does? No. I will call her and be gracious and thank her for her time. After all, it's not every day that you get a phone rejection from a still-independent small press.

1 comment:

radek said...

I always get rejected! 500 where nominated on music site , WTF?

Damien the demon,

The promoter Ignite Social Media has not accepted your submission for the campaign Dodge "Inspired By You" Contest.

We regret to inform you that we have decided not to accept your submission in the Dodge "Inspired By You" contest. The competition was fierce! We received far more submissions that expected. There were thousands of superbly written songs in all genres. Ultimately, we could only choose 500 with the right mix of creativity, musicianship, and professional quality recording.