Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Not Us, It's You

If there were honesty in rejections, we'd hear the above sentences much more frequently.  In truth, friends, I am reading this list over and over in preparation for an important pending rejection.  I want to believe that this is my big moment (in fact, according to my horoscope, Mars is entering my house of career honors, and Jupiter & Neptune will conjoin, not to meet again until 2022, which is a long time to wait for another publishing opportunity), but I must prepare myself for reality.  It's hard to get published no matter what the stars say.  I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

ryan call said...

good luck wr

Johanna said...

Yes, good luck, w,r. Are you submitting with or without an agent?

Writer, Rejected said...

Without...for the moment anyway.

Anonymous said...

When you are rich and famous will you reveal your identity? :)

CAPS MAN! said...

YOU'VE GOT IT.

Lipstick Mystic said...

Best of luck to you, WR!

Mercury is finally out of retrograde, but give it another five days or so - it's still slowly coming out of retrograde and won't be zipping along again for a few more days.

After that, hopefully you'll hear some great news!