Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

The Death of the Literary Novel

Then there's this guy spouting off about the death of the literary novel (no, seriously, for realz this time) in a rather thick-ish essay in the Guardian. Will Self is his name, strange extended metaphors seems to be his game. Self is trending on Twitter, and I ought to know, because I've been tweeting my ash off...ex-friggin-hausting, if you know what I mean. Anyway, read the comments section for all the extra juicy controversy. (You know, eye rolling and stuff like, "I read Self's novel; no wonder he thinks it's dead." See what you think for yourself.) As for me, I'm just glad I squeaked my literary "dead weight" in under the wire before the death knell tolled. Last of the literary novels?  Who knows? I been saying so for years. And look at me: I'm a filthy liar. Have a good weekend, ya'll.

1 comment:

Matt Rivett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.