Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2014

This Agent Must Not Have Many Editor Friends To Take To Lunch

You know that Literary Agents and I generally do not see eye to eye, though I love them dearly, each and every one, from their tiny toes to the hairs of their chiny-chin-chins. That said, I have to say, I got a good chuckle out of this agent, Andy Ross, who has posted faux literary rejections on his website. Clever. And I like his spunk.  Here is an excerpt of my favs:
  • Plato's Republic: "I’m not sure that the author has anything really new to say about the themes he discusses."
  • Sophocles' Oedipus Rex: "Although I am a personal admirer of Mr. Sophocles, I feel that Oedipus is a minor work and, quite frankly, a little derivative." 
  • Joyce's Ulysses: "I’m sorry. I just don’t get it."
  • Tolstoy's War and Peace: "Just between you and me, this manuscript just isn’t ready for prime time. For starters, it is a real door-stopper."
Funny guy.

No comments: