Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2020

DAY SIX: CORONAVIRUS ISOLATION

Some "cats" really know how to entertain themselves in isolation. (She's playing with a leaf....a leaf!) We can all take note. This is #BabyCass, Standard Poodle.

Also, today,  a shout out to my dear, sweet friend Risa Denenberg, a poet, but also a nurse in Washington State. She and I go back to the AIDS Epidemic as members of the protest group, ACT UP, and as besties.

She had recently retired from nursing, so I checked in via email:

ME:  Are you okay? Shelter in place? Not working the front lines, I hope, but writing poetry.
RISA: So would you really expect me to not work during a medical crisis? I am being careful. I promise. 

So, let's all take a moment to say a little prayer or give the universe a vibe of gratitude for all those nurses and medical folks working to help those who have symptoms of this virus.

(Thank You, Risa. Please be careful.)

No comments: