Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2007

Small Spiral Notebook No More

Felicia Sullivan, editrix and founder of Small Spiral Notebook (SNN), sent out a very sad notice to those who have participated literarily over the years. The end of something is like a generalized rejection, the closing of a door, one less place to publish:

"And...I do have one rather sad announcement. After six years of publication, articles in major newspapers and magazines (NYT, New Yorker, Poets & Writers, Utne, Time Out NY, just to name a few) and solicitations from top agents and publishers, which have helped our writers score agents and book deals, I'm sad to announce that SSN will cease publication on 12.31.07.

This was a very difficult decision for me to make, however, it was one that I felt was best for the journal. We will continue to publish reviews, interviews & features until the end of the year, and the site will remain online indefinitely. We will publish a final print issue in 2009. Subscriptions will be fulfilled. I want to thank you all for your unwavering, wonderful support and for reading! I’d also like to extend a special thanks to my wonderful staff. SSN wouldn’t be where it is today without my incredible and devoted team of editors, reviewers, feature writers and readers. My humble thanks.

For continued book coverage, check out my live podcast show Writers Revealed: www.writersrevealed.com. We’ll also feature book reviews & interviews on the WR website. Book giveaways every week!!! To keep up with your fearless editor and her forthcoming memoir (The Sky Isn’t Visible from Here): www.feliciasullivan.com"

We will miss our beloved SSN. Keep an eye on Felicia, though; her blog is entertaining and her book promises to be a knock out.

No comments: