Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2007

Doesn't Give a Shit

That vixen Demian Farnworth has a nice little conversation going with T.C. Boyle about rejection over at Eliot, A Literary Blog. Interestingly enough, Mr. Boyle has never really "worried much about being rejected at one place or another." Oh, he's the one who couldn't give two shits; I knew there had to be some writer, somewhere. Anyway, when do you suppose was the last time someone actually told this dude no? He probably doesn't remember how much it stings. Nonetheless, Farnworth's article links to others of his blog rejection discussions, which are more sustaining. It's worth a peek.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

After getting a rejection from the agency I had pinned all my hopes on, I googled "rejection letters literary novel." You are my first hit, and thank God.

Writer, Rejected said...

So glad to be here for you. Chin up, little soldier. There's plenty of life after rejection. Let us post your letter here for optimal relief. You will feel much better.

x said...

Hi, Anon. I'm Tiv, and I'm a literary reject.

Writer, Rejected said...

OMG...literary rejects anonymous (LRA), the 12-step program I've always dreamed of. I LOVE that.

x said...

Nice lilt to LRA. Like NRA, only different. You will need to work on the twelve steps and the Big Book. That would be a great post, soliciting suggestions. Meetings may HAVE to appear in my nanowrimo novel, but only with your permission, Dr. Bill.

Writer, Rejected said...

I'm already on it, TIV. I've been drafting the new 12-steps since yesterday. Great minds....and you went to f****ing Harvard, dude. I love that!

x said...

It's such a relief to suddenly have the possiblity of a twelve step program that fits so perfectly just for me. I always felt so left out of all the others. I might want to note for your thinking that to tell the truth, which we all have to do at the "meetings" I'm not so good with ANY criticism of my writing. It goes beyond rejection letters. It includes nasty comments from nasty writing teachers which I feel like I'm the only one in the whole world who has had some really abusive writing teachers but I won't go crying and spilling all over the place now. I'll wait for the first meeting. I hope I get to complain about one in particular though. I hope that counts.