Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another Way to Do It

Martini expert Amelia Sauter protected the name of the review by blacking it out but not her own name. Interesting strategy: a non-anonymous blog. Why didn't I think of that? Just kidding. Anyway, she's interesting for other reasons, like she owns a martini bar and is a musician.  ]Me, I've got a super-duper boring day job and only one vague talent with words. It's always been my only charm (except I can cook with a modicum of creativity), so my non-anonymous blog would have been really dumb. I have to say that this blog has been great fun and a huge comfort. I love all the mice, cynical and innocent, and have actually come over the past 4 years to feel much less personally trodden upon by big-footed publishing. That in itself is something of a miracle. And, anyway, who am I, or was I, to think my message is the one that should get mass-produced? Is there even room in this celebrity-worshipping mess for another message, especially a simple one? Jonathan Franzen would probably answer in the affirmative, but most of us aren't him. Thank goodness. I'm still holding a grudge for Oprah from 2001, though according to sources, all appears to be forgiven.

1 comment:

rmellis said...

Haha, funny, she owns the only bar I ever go to. She gave me hair advice once.

I'm still carrying the Oprah grudge, too. It's not even a grudge at this point, but an unshakeable opinion. Have you read Freedom? It will probably make you mad.