Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2015

#Literary Dispatch from The Front Porch

Mice: I am sitting on my front porch with no more readings scheduled and only a few more possible awards that Miracle Girls: A Novel could win as a long shot. It has actually done pretty well, having been honored with the following awards:
  • 2015 USA Best Book Award in Literary Fiction
  • 2015 Independent Publishers Book: Gold Medal  (See photo above with IPPY seal)
  • 2015 Spiritual Book Winner at the Paris Book Festival
  • 2015 Spiritual Book Winner at the San Francisco Book Festival
  • 2015 Spiritual Book Winner at the Amsterdam Book Festival
  • Honorable Mention in Spiritual Fiction at the 2015 Los Angeles Book Festival
  • Honorable Mention in General Fiction at the 2015 New York Book Festival
  • An IndeFAB 2015 Book of the Year Award Honorable Mention in the LGBT Book Category
  • An IndeFAB 2015 Book of the Year Award Nominee in the Religious Book Category
  • Lambda Literary Award 2014 Lesbian Fiction Category Finalist 
Anyway, the book and I are resting comfortably with not much else to do. I did find someone to bring it to the Frankfurt Book Fair on the off chance that I might be able to sell some foreign rights, but for the most part, I'm going to think that we are status quo as previously declared.

It's all a little weird.

I am working on the next book (Disinherited: A Memoir), which, honestly, why would I want to go through this again?  I ask that and I had an amazingly wonderful experience! But, then again, what the hell else would I do with myself? Luckily, I've got a bunch of paid work deadlines that will keep me off the streets for awhile.


2 comments:

CAPSMAN! said...

AMAZING NEWS ALL ROUND.CONGRATS!!

Writer, Rejected said...

Well aren't you a sight for doe eyes, Caps Man?