Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2020

DAY EIGHTEEN: CORONAVIRUS ISOLATION




 p.s. I mentioned in the above video that I'm working on a graphic novel. The story is this: I had a tenth grade art teacher who convinced me I wasn't a real artist, even though I LOVED to draw and hang out in the studio with the arty kids, who were the real deal. The thing was that I didn't really care (probably for the only time in my life) whether or not I was any good. It was just a joyful thing for me, something I did in childhood all the time. But he said I needed to work on my skills and not just convince myself that my work was good. He was harsh, so I quit his class and never went back. Unfortunately, I never drew again. I remembered this incident a few months ago when people from my hometown were posting about their favorite teachers on Facebook, and the guy's name was mentioned. I thought, "F that!" I'm going to draw again. This little book came pouring out of me, and I was obsessed for three months with working on it. Now, I have a prototype of the book, which needs work.  It looks like this:


Does anyone have a suggestion for what to do with this thing? Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: