Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Scrappy Slipstream Rejection

Here's a rejection I found on the Internets: I think it says "MH: Sorry none from your recent batch [of submitted poems] worked for us."  There's something a little bit charming about this scrap-of-envelope rejection.  As the owner says, it sure beats a cold form rejection.  I can't quite make out the journal or the editor's name.  Maybe it says Coldstream?  Not sure.

UPDATE:  Readers have indicated that this rejection is from Slipstream.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember the editor's name, but that's from Slipstream...

Anonymous said...

I like that rejection. It tells me the editor isn't afraid to appear imperfect. I'd definitely submit to him or her again if I got a rejection like that.

Anonymous said...

how does a poem work for one? did they ask the poems to take out the trash and instead the poems wandered off to the pub?

maybe Slipstream needs to raise their wages offer benefits if they want to attract quality workers.

(hint to the lit mags, you get what you pay for)

Anonymous said...

'didn't work for us' is the new 'didn't fall in love with the project'

but the hand written note is sweet. there was some manual labor involved in tearing the envelope, clicking the free bank pen, and writing in cursive a short missive of rejection and regret.

Anonymous said...

I like the hand written note. Now if only it had been on paper and not on some recycled torn envelope. I don't see it as sweet, I'd see it that I'm not worth paper...