Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2012

Here Comes the Sun....Editor

I love it when an editor comes around and leaves a nice encouraging note for readers on Ye Old Blog. In this case, it's an editor from a fine literary magazine about a funny rejection glitch. Makes it all feel so much more human, doesn't it? Here's her comment:
My title is really Manuscript Editor. I was a reader a long time ago and when the Art Director was making new rejection letters, he put Manuscript Reader and they were printed that way. Not wanting to be wasteful and thinking nobody would really notice or care, I used them. However, if anyone receives a rejection letter these days from The Sun, you'll notice that the form has changed and now it's from The Editors. I love this blog, though, even though it was strange to come across my name in this way. I really do try to encourage writers and the main thing that keeps me working at The Sun is the fact that we go out of our way to respect the writer. And we pay them. All best, Colleen Donfield

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/04/end-of-world-of-books.html You're welcome.