- Random House tries to pull a fast one with electronic rights (the Authors Guild is not amused)
- Author Stephen Covey takes back the rights (and sells them to Amazon)
- Author Stephen King writes a mystery titled U/R exclusively for Amazon's Kindle (<$3.00 to purchase for your e-reader)
- Coming soon: an ebook that opens like a regular book (eDGe) with two screens so you can read a book AND browse the web simultaneously
- B&N gets into the act with the Nook
- Philips Electronics develops e-skin technology to rival e-paper
Get the picture? No wonder the publishing industry is embattled...poor fat cats are losing money, and while it means authors are also losing money (think of the music industry a few years ago), I have to say I kind of enjoy the way Interweb technology makes profiteers scramble. In the meantime, if you find yourself feeling antsy, you're not alone. Here's a little primer on e-book rights. Might as well get familiar now.