Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

CNF Rejection

I received a form rejection from the editors of the Journal of Creative Nonfiction in the mail on Saturday to let me know my essay wasn't selected this time for their anthology on a certain topic.  I've been published in others of their anthologies, so they took the time to write me the following nicety on the backside of the form: "Dear W,R: Many thanks for letting us consider ["Name of Piece"], which we like very much, but which isn't quite right for the collection. Please do keep CNF in mind for future work! All best wishes, [First Name of Editor]"  I actually can see how my piece was probably a little too edgy or out there for them, so I think she probably meant it from the bottom of her inferior vena cava. Still...kind of sucky.

No comments: