Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Million Writers Award


The final top 10 most notable online stories of 2007 have been chosen by storySouth's Jason Sanford (finally) for the Million Writer's Award Contest.  You can see the list here to read the chosen ones and to vote for your favorite.  Guess what: none of my stories (which were long listed) got chosen.  No surprise there, though I did hope to be in the top 10, so I could encourage all my fans to vote and become a Literary American Idol.  Oh well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But if we voted for you, wouldn't that mean you'd have to un-mask youself?????

Anonymous said...

obviously I meant "yourself." :\

Kate Evans said...

Exactly what I was going to say...I'm so curious if I KNOW you!

Writer, Rejected said...

No, I didn't make the top ten. I'm in the long, long list of writers who were long listed. One hundred and forty eight of us. So, I don't think I have to unmask myself. I don't think you know me. Very few people do.

Anonymous said...

How Jason Sanford got into a position of being an arbitrator of Good Writing is beyond me.
I read the winner of one MWA -- called "Toggling the Switch," and it was an embarrassment to all those published on the internet (that's the best we can do????). I read the runner-up, and it was worse.
One problem in publishing is that people who are ill-read and immature are making decisions.

Writer, Rejected said...

That is the eternal problem of publishing, isn't it?